Blenheim Palace Triathlon 2021 Competition – Terms & Conditions
a. Volvo Car UK Ltd, Scandinavia House, Norreys Drive, Maidenhead SL6 4FL (“VCUK”); and
b. Waylands Automotive Limited, Imperial, Way, Reading, England, RG2 0BF (“Waylands”)
2. The Blenheim Palace Triathlon Competition is subject to the following conditions and is open only to UK residents who are 18 years or over excluding employees and their immediate families (spouse, parent, child, sibling, grandparent and/or “step” family) of The Promoter, the Advertiser, associated agents or anyone professionally connected with the prize competition.
3. A total of twenty (20) prizes will be awarded in total. One (1) per person. The prize is as follows: A race place to the Blenheim Palace Triathlon 11th – 12th September 2021 (the “Event”). The place can be either Super Sprint or Sprint Distance. Distance to be selected by each prize winner upon selection. Travel and accommodation is not included in this prize.
4. This competition will commence at 00:01 GMT on Friday 20th August 2021 and all entries must be received by 23:59 on Friday 27th August 2021. The competition will be run by Waylands and VCUK
5. To enter the competition entrants must complete the form linked in the competition email sent from Waylands . This is a first come, first served competition where the first 20 people to respond will win one of the 20 prizes.
6. No purchase necessary.
7. There is a limit of only one entry to the competition per person.
8. By submitting a competition entry, you are agreeing to be bound by these terms and conditions and that you are eligible to claim any prize you may win. In the event of winning, you will be asked to consent to your details being passed from Waylands to VCUK and Limelight Sports (organisers of Blenheim Palace Triathlon) strictly for the purpose of organising your Event place.
9. The Promoters will select the winners based on date stamps and the first 20 responses received. The Advertiser’s decision is final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into.
10. The winners will be notified by Waylands. Should there be no response from the winners within 48 hours, a new winner will be selected and notified, and the same process will be repeated until there is a confirmed winner for each individual prize.
11. No liability is accepted for submissions that are lost, delayed in transit or not received regardless of cause, including, for example, as a result of any postal failure, equipment failure, technical malfunction, systems, satellite, network, server, computer hardware or software failure of any kin. No liability is accepted in the event there is no response to telephone calls or e-mails when contacting a chosen winner.
12. By law, the Promoters must either publish or make available information that indicates that a valid award took place. If you object to any or all of your surname, county and winning entry being published or made available, please contact the Promoters. In such circumstances, the Promoters must still provide the information and winning entry to the Advertising Standards Authority on request.
13. The prize is non-negotiable, non-transferable, and non-refundable and cannot be exchanged for any cash alternatives in whole or in part or sold to another party.
14. The Promoters reserve the right, at its sole discretion, to eliminate or disqualify any entries or entrants that it regards as being in breach of these terms and conditions or the spirit of the competition Those who try to circumvent the entry process and/or entry instructions by any method, will be disqualified and any prize award will be void.
15. Any participant found to be using robot forms to enter a competition will invalidate their entry to the competition and will be disqualified from the competition
16. You agree that the Promoters but are not required to, make your entry available on its website, social media and any other media and in connection with any publicity of the competition. You agree to grant the Promoters a non-exclusive, worldwide, irrevocable licence, for the full period of any intellectual property rights in the competition entry for such purposes.
17. The Promoters will not accept liability for minors left unattended at the Event.
18. Guests are responsible for their own property (including clothing, umbrellas, child seats etc) - please ensure it is always kept safe. The Promoters accept no responsibility for loss or theft of, or damage to property except if caused by the Promoter’s negligence.
19. The Promoter’s shall not be held responsible for any cancellation of any part of the prize, Event or activities, which may be due to circumstance outside its control, including - but not limited to – sickness, adverse weather conditions or Covid-19 factors. There will be no alternative offer in respect of any such cancellation.
20. The Promoters, their agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize except where it is caused by the negligence of the Promoters, their agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
21. It is the winner’s responsibility to declare any tax liability to HM Revenue & Customs. Winners may be required to participate in related publicity without further reward. E.g. be photographed for website/newspaper stories, provide a short statement about their win
22. Data Protection: Any personal information that entrants share with the Promoters will be kept secure and only used in line with these terms and conditions unless the entrant has opted into future marketing from each of the Promoters. By entering the competition, entrants agree that their information may be used by the Promoters to administer the competition
25. The Promoters reserve the right to withdraw or amend without notice this prize competition in the event of any unforeseen circumstances outside of its reasonable control.
26. The Promoters reserve the right to hold void, suspend, cancel, or amend the prize competition where it becomes necessary to do so.
27. The Promoters will not accept responsibility for Prize Draw entries that are incomplete, lost, mislaid, damaged or delayed in transit, regardless of cause, including, for example, as a result of any lack of internet connectivity, equipment failure, technical malfunction, systems, satellite, network, server, computer hardware or software failure of any kind; or proof of transmission as proof of receipt of entry to the competition. Entries via agents or third parties are invalid.
28. The Advertiser reserves the right to verify winners and ask for proof of identity, age and address and to withdraw prize entitlement where there are reasonable grounds to believe there has been a breach of these terms and conditions.
29. This prize is for the purposes of the Promoter’s competition only and may not be used in collaboration with any other brand or company.
30. The Advertiser reserves the right to verify winners and ask for proof of identity, age and address and to withdraw prize entitlement where there are reasonable grounds to believe there has been a breach of these terms and conditions.
31. To obtain details of the outcome of the competition please email firstname.lastname@example.org stating the name of the competition in the subject heading four weeks after the closing date.
32. The Promoters will use any data submitted by entrants for the purposes of running the competition, unless otherwise stated in the entry details.
33. Release: By participating, entrants agree to release and hold harmless the Promoters, and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, property damage, personal injury and/or death which may occur in connection with, preparation for, travel to, or possession, acceptance and/or use or misuse of prize and for any claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trademark infringement or any other intellectual property-related cause of action.
34. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with this competition; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorised human intervention in any part of the entry process or the competition; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the competition or the processing of entries; (5) late, lost, undeliverable,
damaged or stolen mail; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the competition or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an entrant’s entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the sweepstake, if it is possible. If the competition is discontinued for any reason, The Advertiser, at their discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. If production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, the advertiser reserves the right to award only the stated number of prized by a random drawing among the legitimate, unawarded, eligible prize claims. Where a prize is provided by an Advertiser, the Promoter accepts no responsibility for inaccuracy of any prize description and the Advertiser is responsible for prize fulfilment.
35. No correspondence on any of the rules above will be entered into.
36. By entering the competition each entrant agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions.
37. These terms and conditions are governed by English law and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.